Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Sunny Day Crafting

Hello there scrappy friends

Image may contain: text

Sunny Day Crafting has had a change to the timing and themes of our challenges.

Starting today, March 1, Sunny Day crafting will post a monthly challenge with a theme.  You now have all month to join us, but the "Anything Goes" theme is no longer.

The March theme is .....  Rainbows.

Here is my layout:
No automatic alt text available.
I borrowed the photo off the internet, but it is a picture taken in my home town.  Isnt that rainbow just awesome?

For the background I used the "smooshing" method with packaging and Tim Holtz Distress Markers.  I was looking for a bit brighter and deeper colour set, but I am very happy with how it turned out.

Firstly I used a Crafters Workshop 6x6 stencil and some Gel Medium.  I only had soft gel so did not get the texture I was wanting (Heavy Gel Medium is now on my shopping list).  I then started with the 'smooshing'  - which I learnt from watching Youtube, and Nicole Jones here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3niZIIqF_8.  Nicole used Gelato's but I only have 4 and not the colours I wanted to use so went with the Distress Crayons.  I finished off with a Creaative Expressions stamp in grey.

Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with for our new monthly challenges at Sunny Day Crafting.

Thanks for stopping by today - I do appreciate it




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by today and leaving me a comment. I do so appreciate it very much. Deb xx